Recently I outlined why I recommend a search engine optimised website build and why SEO is Important for your business growth.
But who do you choose when you want to hire an adult SEO?
As I have mentioned in many of my blogs in the past, Search Engine Optimisation for an Adult site is much harder and requires a lot more time and skill than a regular non-adult website.
Not to mention that no experts ever share their statistics and data like they do with non-adult websites.
Every single day I receive at least 1 email from a random overseas company offering to get me to page 1 of google
Recently an old email that is no longer in use was getting around 10 of these spam emails daily.
These emails are spam; a legit company doesn’t need to spam random email lists. A great quality company will be known amongst its peers so clients already know who to go to for services.
It’s hard to know who to hire right?
Search Engine Optimisation is optimising a website. Optimising your site for keywords you want to see on Page 1 is a very difficult and time-consuming task.
Keywords are the words someone types into google (or says using google assistant) to find a page on the internet.
Whilst the old way of selling SEO was to sell 5, 10 or 20 keywords in a package, its just a way to package up a sale nicely,
You want your website to rank for as many keywords as possible every keyword can bring 1 new client to your site and that 1 new client could be your best regular ever 🙂
Many of Atlantic client’s websites are ranking for upwards of 1000 keywords. SEO is about increasing your organic traffic not trying to get in the top spots for 5 words of your choice.
Google has around 1 billion sites on its index so nowadays ranking and staying on page 1 is a lot of work. I do a minimum of 10hrs a week reading & probably another 10hrs a week testing to make sure that what I am doing works in today’s version of the google algorithm.
The Google Algorithm changes daily and is unknown so its a big puzzle!
You have to spend money to make money
Paying for Adult SEO services you are paying for the benefit it brings your business as well as paying for expertise in a very small niche. There are very few Experts that specialise in the Adult Niche and less who focus their attention on particular areas such as adult SEO Agency or directories etc.
Whilst it’s not impossible to do the work yourself, if you want page 1 rankings, expect to invest a lot of time and money.
It’s not cheap to Hire an Adult SEO
No specialist in any industry is cheap. We often hear about Niche’s – that is when someone works in a small area of a certain industry. Adult SEO is a niche and most regularly companies cater to real-world non-adult businesses
If you choose someone with experience and the ROI on your spending will be worth it. Industry Experience and someone with a competitive nature will bring opportunities to your business that only someone with knowledge and know-how would think of
A digital agency, such as Atlantic, spends thousands of dollars each year on SEO tools. We also need to outsource occasionally to specialists to help us with technical issues that we cannot fix in-house. These technical specialists generally cost a minimum of $150aud per hour.
Tools such as SEMRUSH are helpful in managing your own SEO but you need to learn how to learn SEO concepts, technical concepts and learn how to use the tools for them to have any benefit to your website.
Most website owners are aware that SEO for Adult Websites is vital for acquiring new clients
How to tell if an SEO is an expert or a dud?
White Hat SEO
White Hat is playing by the rules, complying with guidelines and doing the right thing. White hat SEO takes more time and work BUT it means google won’t penalise your website.
For your site to have great search engine results, it will take time and effort and technical know-how. SEO is not something you do to a site; for great Adult SEO results you need to work alongside your SEO company
Grey Hat SEO
This term is used for SEO strategy for sites that are sitting on the google fringes such as gambling, Adult Sites, and Pornography.
The work I do is lots of white and some grey. Google shows different SERPs (search engine result pages) for Adult Services. A normal search engine page will have up to 12 different elements, for Adult websites SEO, there is only Organic search so its competitive AF to get those spots
Black Hat SEO
Black Hat SEO is the term for using underhanded, dodgy SEO tactics to get sites indexed and ranked high, quickly.
This type of SEO goes against all Search Engine Policies so while your site may do well short term, it will be penalised and your domain name banned from Search.
How much does Adult SEO cost?
SEO services for adult businesses used to be pretty easy, to rank was pretty easy, so it was also easy to package up SEO in a monthly amount. 5 keywords for $500, that kinda thing. Google has changed, become a lot harder and more time consuming so SEO pricing has changed too.
In the past 6 months, Google has been making an insane number of changes. It’s hard to rank number 1 unless your website is technically pretty awesome. Often the first SEO job that needs to be done is fixing the technical issues of a website, way before keyword research or keyword targetting is looked at.
Many website owners have no idea how their website has been built and unfortunately the way a site is built is of primary importance to google. Site speed is of vital importance to ranking as is the quality of the website coding Read the Official Google Blog Post on Page Speed
After spending a crazy amount of hours working on some client sites this year, where the site owners cannot why it is so much work, I have learned that whilst everyone wants to rank no.1 they have no idea what it takes to get there.
Basics of organic search and SERPS
- Google has market share so we mostly target google for search but there are other search engines to include in your online marketing efforts
- Google personalises your search so your google results will be different to my google results and both will probably be different to actual google results
- Google is local so if you are in Sydney, the results will be different to if you are using google in Melbourne
- Google index’s Mobile-first so your mobile UX is of primary importance
- Desktop results are often different from mobile results
- Google ranks individual pages, My Adult Industry Advice Blog, for example, ranks position 1 & 2 on Google Sydney for the term ‘Australia Adult Marketing’
- My blog sarahs2cents also has over 250 different Keywords on Page 1 for Sydney Google Mobile.
Timeframe to see results
All business owners want page 1 at the very least which is easier said than done.
It takes a minimum of 3 months of work to see some SEO results, 6 months for better results and a year to see full results. Whilst its much easier to throw up an advertisement for $200 and get instant results, SEO is more expensive short term but long term the cost is definitely worth it. SEO has great ROI
Adult Advertising platforms come and go, your own website is forever
What should I look for in an Adult SEO company?
- Technical SEO and website development skills should be top of your list. Google asks for quality. Your website build is IMHO the most important part of the SEO process these days for adult SEO. A great UX and a lean build + hosting quality is often the difference between page 1 & page 2 results.
- A company with knowledge of your city and country will have a better understanding of your market, niche, and competitors. Atlantic Digital is experienced with London, Australian, and South-East Asia.
- Find someone who is competitive, lives and breaths SEO and can explain how SEO works to you. Make sure the SEO company can explain in understandable ways of what they are doing and what they can deliver.
- You should be speaking to your SEO at least once a month, I prefer a weekly check-in tho and some clients I speak to them almost daily
- Avoid promises of a quick solution. A Google ban is the last thing you need
- Avoid companies that make guarantees about page 1 positions. That is impossible, especially with adult related sites.
- Avoid companies spamming social media or email. If an SEO company has the skill they have long term clients, they will have more than enough requests via search to not need to use spamming sales techniques.
- Choose a company that will teach you how to understand Google Analytics. If they are doing their job they are happy to show you that they are. Dodgy Adult SEO companies have been known to use doctored reports.
- Do some research. Check out other agencies’ positions, find out what SEO terms are used and what they mean.
- Limitless Keywords. Google determines the keywords you rank for. AgencyAtlantic.com is indexed for over 1000 keywords. You want your site to have an increase in quality organic traffic and not get hung up over the position of a few keywords that you think clients are using
I hope you found my blog on how to hire and Adult SEO helpful
Until Next Time
Sign up to receive notifications of new posts, services, promotions or freebies.
Agency Atlantic provides Digital Marketing and Brand solutions, strategy and SEO for escort websites or adult businesses (agencies, directories, brothels and online stores) We also offer Coaching and Mentoring Services.
We currently offer 1 SEO service for Independent Adult Industry workers which is an Audit & technical tune-up. We uncover and fix the issues of why your site isn’t being crawled & indexed.
Our SEO services start at $2000aud per month with a 3 month minimum